1. Copyrights and trademark information
Maildocker’s website, as well as all the information gathered on it, is property of eCentry, its affiliates, and licensors. It’s also protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by Law No. 9,609, February 19, 1998, in Brazil. The absence of a name or logo on any product on the list below doesn’t constitute a waiver of intellectual rights of eCentry or its trademark.
Be smart about how you use our platform. We offer you our Harbor with a complete infrastructure to send and track transactional emails effortlessly and Bruce and Eddie to help you doing the job. You can customize anything, but you can’t copy any content from Maildocker without previous authorization, right?
2. Representation and understanding
According to this document, you agree and understand that Maildocker:
- Can’t be used to send unauthorized emails (also called SPAM);
- Can’t be used for illicit purposes;
- Can’t be used to publicize election campaigns purposes;
- Will be subject to additional charge per message when the limit of purchased emails has been reached;
- Can’t be used to send unauthorized emails (also called SPAM). You agree not to use, prepare, or send unsolicited email through the Maildocker platform, directly or by third parties;
- You agree not to use, prepare, or send unsolicited email through the Maildocker platform, directly or by third parties;
- You agree to import or access only lists created by optin, which means every contact authorized your email;
- You acknowledge and agree that not every transactional email sent through our platform will be received by your recipients;
- Any transactional email sent by you through our platform must have an unsubscribe link, so the recipient can remove his name from your list if it’s his wish;
- You understand and agree that you’re the “sender” of any transactional email that you submit through Maildocker;
- You agree that the “sender” of any transactional email sent by you through our platform must define in a clear and unequivocal way your company, products or services;
- You agree the transactional email “subject” of all messages submitted to our platform won’t contain deceptive or misleading content;
- You agree to include your physical address in all transactional emails sent through our platform, it must be valid;
- You agree not to send any transactional email that contains any incentive (voucher, discount, commission or remuneration) in order to encourage the recipient to send it to another recipient in exchange to any bonus or marketing network;
- You understand that if you are accessing Maildocker via a third party website, you are subject to the same Terms and Conditions, independent of any other signed agreement with this third party. The access through third party can’t be used in order to avoid any restriction stated in these Terms and Conditions.
Be careful who you give your information to. First of all, as a good sailor never make Spam ever, even under torture. We can’t afford it, so does Bruce and Eddie. It hurts us, you and everyone else affected by this. It’s like a ship sinking, you know? You’re also responsible for the acts of a third party as we can’t distinguish your actions from the actions of your sub-users. Remember! If you are breaking laws, sending deceptive or misleading content or abusing our infrastructure, we have the right to stop you. Did we mention we have a pet shark? This is to protect both us and you! It’s always good to know the direction of the winds! :)
3. Products’ availability and customer service
Maildocker’s Terms and Conditions are subject to change by eCentry at any time, either in its guidelines, terms, or policies. Through notification, eCentry may change terms of this agreement as well as discontinue or change any product, at its criterion.
Our services are only available to legal entities or professionals with a valid email address, its own domain and whose website is updated with content that clearly identifies the nature of their business. If you don’t meet this requirement you can’t use Maildocker.
In case you access Maildocker through a third party website, you agree and are aware that eCentry is not responsible for any action, service, or result of this third party.
By registering, you guarantee that all information – email address, own domain and content on your website - is accurate and clearly identifies who you are. So make sure to keep your account data always up to date. Moreover, it’s up to you to be careful with third parties. If you have a problem, it’s not our fault! So please direct your anger in their direction. The sea is shaken, the seagulls are flying and we’re busy here delivering your transactional emails!
4. Plans subscription
4.1 Paid plans subscription
The paid plans, based on the number of contacts or dispatched transactional emails, are monthly and may be hired at any moment during the trial period. The plans predict limitations to monthly usage with valid emails for 30 days noncumulative. You will only be able to use Maildocker after the payment, otherwise your access will be blocked. When requesting a new paid plan, you will only be able to use it after the payment is done, otherwise your plan will remain unchanged. In addition, you might be charged if you choose additional storage or data archiving service (backup) or other services that may become available.
4.2 Price list and discounts
Prices are available at Maildocker’s website. The price list and the plans characteristics may change in exclusive criterion of eCentry. However, before implementing any changes, eCentry will notify its customers. Nevertheless, it’s your responsibility to regularly review our Prices List and be aware of fees and charges.
Payments for purchased services are entirely made through credit card. All payments shall be made in US dollars (USD), Euro (EUR) and Reais (BRL) and they can’t be returned. In case the payment is delayed, your account will be temporarily blocked. If the payment is not made within 30 days, your account will be automatically cancelled and all data removed. It’s your responsibility to make payments on time. You will be the only one responsible for this loss. Failure doing so means a lack of interest in continuing with the plan. Once the renovation invoice is issued, the payment must be done to continue accessing the database, because even if you don't use the platform to send emails our server is still used to keep your data and to register all interactions with you previously.
4.3.1 Credit Card: Your account will be activated automatically after making a credit card payment.
You can cancel your old plan and upgrade your account at any time. In this case, you can cancel the old invoice and generate a new one.
You can also downgrade your plan at any time you wish, as long as the invoice for the next period has not been issued and the contacts limit and allowed emails submission have not been exceeded at the requested time. You will need to complete one month (30 days) before a downgrade can be applied to your account.
4.6 Deleting contacts on plans by contacts
You can delete groups of contacts at once or one by one. If you wish to add other contacts to your database you will need to wait for the next billing period as the plan for the number of contacts is valid for the current month. (Let’s say: in a plan of 1.000 contacts you already have 1.000 registered emails, if you delete 100 contacts from your database and it’s the 15th day of the month, you will have to wait till the end of the month to add these new contacts to your list).
We do our very best every day to deliver a service you can be proud of. Maildocker and our Port Authority are always on guard, but in order that the work flows smoothly we need a little treat, you know? All payments shall be made in US dollars (USD), Euro (EUR) and Reais (BRL). Typically, you're billed monthly and we currently accept major credit cards. Make sure it's always up to date and your billing account profile is updated. You can always check our plans and prices out. We highly recommend you look it regularly like a compass to guide your path if you want to upgrade or downgrade your pack.
5. Email, permission, image hosting, and prohibited content
Every transactional email sent through Maildocker must have an optout link to unsubscribe.
By using Maildocker you agree and undertake to import, access or use in any form only authorized contact lists whose subscribers have given you permission to send them emails. It’s forbidden to copy templates, features, or characteristics of Maildocker. It’s also forbidden to use Maildocker for other purposes than sending transactional emails. In addition, you are responsible for ensuring that your email don’t result in complaints or allegations of excessive SPAM. Maildocker may block your account if your email generates an excessive number of complaints.
5.3 Email footers
You understand and agree that any transactional email sent through our product includes a footer with this message: “Email by Maildocker” or “Powered by Maildocker” or similar message (with or without the company's logo).
5.4 Images hosted on Maildocker
Images hosted should be used solely for sending transactional email through Maildocker.
5.5 Prohibited Content
Maildocker prohibits the use of its products to any person or entity that:
- Provides, sells, or offers any of the following products or content (or services related to them): pornography (including but not limited to magazines, videos and software), pornographic products, erotic products (sex shops), illegal goods, illegal drugs and illegally computer programs copies;
- Promotes or sells products related to child and teenager abuse (under 18 years old) or in any other form where children get abused (like child labor);
- Provides, sells, or offers products, services or content frequently associated with unsolicited emails;
- Provides offensive stuff including clear expressions of intolerance, prejudice, racism, hatred or any inappropriate or censurable content;
- Discloses any personal information about children and teenagers (under 18 years old) without the consent of their parents or guardians;
- Sells or promotes any product or service that is illegal in a given location; Introduces viruses, worms, harmful code and/or Trojan on the Internet;
- Promotes, publicizes or invites participants to pyramids, network marketing or businesses with similar offers such as: "work from home", "get rich quickly" and "financial independence";
- Uses campaigns to profit from partnership programs or to ask for donations; Sells email marketing services;
- Publishes any content that support, promote, or encourage violence against any government, organization, group or individual, or provides instructions or information in order to accomplish this type of violence;
- Sells email marketing services, offering or selling products or services to someone that you didn’t have any contact or relationship previously;
- Offers or sells products or services to someone that you didn’t have any contact or relationship previously;
- Provides content including images of authors, artists, photographers or others without the permission of the copyright holders;
- Includes links in the email body that directly lead to file download (doc, pdf, exe, etc.). The link should guide necessarily to a page where the reader can decide whether or not to download a file.
5.6 Right to disable access
Maildocker can disable access to its platform without compensation if:
- The registration appears to contain fraudulent data;
- The reference URL in our database has already been reported;
- There is no domain register for the URL given, the site is not available or it contains out-of-date content;
- The site content shows different information or language than the reality of the hired system;
- There is no activity on the account for more than 30 continuous days in the trial; If the user didn’t purchase any paid plan 10 days after the trial expiration;
- There is a payment delay as shown at clause 4.3;
- Maildocker can also disable access to its platform, reversibly or not, at its criterion, to customers who use the system at odds with the good or which may cause damage to its image.
6. Restrictions and Responsibilities
6.1 No rights over the software
This is a service and access agreement. You are not hiring or accrediting any license to use the software under the terms of this agreement. It’s forbidden, directly or indirectly, to copy, decompile or in any other different way to attempt to understand the code or ideas of the product or software related to it. Without our authorization you can’t reproduce, copy or distribute the software or any part, content or document relating to it. Violation of this restriction will result in the termination of this agreement and other applicable measures will be taken.
6.2 Permitted use of the product
The product can be used for your own business. It can’t be used to resell, provide services or in any other way that benefits third parties.
6.3 Compliance with laws and monitoring
You agree to defend, indemnify and acquit Maildocker as well as its business partners, suppliers, licensors, officers, directors, distributors and agents against any damages, losses, liabilities and expenses resulting from any claim or action that may arise from any violation of this agreement or effect of any messages that you have distributed using this product. In addition, you understand and agree Maildocker has the right to ask for an indemnification under losses if you use Maildocker for illegal purposes.
6.5 Confidentiality of your data
When using various facilities of the system you will provide to Maildocker certain personal information such as name, contact information, domain and other registration data. Maildocker can use these data to contact you to ask about the usage of our product in order to streamline it.
6.6 Intellectual property rights of your content
You agree to not upload or transmit any contact lists, communications or content of any kind on this site or through the product that infringe, misappropriate or violate the rights of any party. If you submit some business information, ideas, concepts, inventions or content to eCentry by email, you automatically grant or guarantee that the holder of the intellectual rights of this information expressly releases to eCentry all rights and license fees. This grant is perpetual and irrevocable in all territories, allowing us to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, and display the license of such content in any form.
7. Termination of the service
You may cancel this agreement at any time by contacting customer service or through Maildocker’s unsubscribe link inside the system. You are responsible for cancelling your account and this agreement. Any overpayments incurred as a result of your neglect to cancel the account can’t be imputed to Maildocker.
Maildocker may terminate this agreement or the product, disable your account or suspend it at any time with or without notice. Maildocker has no liability to you or any third party for the termination of this agreement.
Upon cancellation, Maildocker will erases all your data stored on the server immediately. This way you should export all data you want to keep from our servers before cancelling your account.
In case of free accounts remaining inactive for over 30 days, be aware that Maildocker will cancel this account and permanently delete all your data. You will be the only one responsible for this loss.
The use of the service or any procedure you adopted is at your own risk. Maildocker doesn’t guarantee the service operation will be uninterrupted or free of errors, nor gives warranty as to the results that may be obtained from using it. The service is provided on “as is” and “as available” basis and Maildocker doesn’t provide any implicit or explicit guarantee of performance or results.
Since we’re on the same boat, as a company we have rights, just like you the customer. With that being said, let’s go to the next topic.
9. Limitations of Liability
Maildocker or any of its suppliers, partners, licensees, officers, offices and providers of any kind, shall not be liable for any financial loss whether direct or indirect, even if our company has been advised of the possibility of such loss caused by the use of the product, according to the law and although this document, the responsibility will be limited to the value paid for the use of the product in the last month prior to such action.
The same text goes here. Rights are rights that apply to all people, in all places, at all times. You and us. We can’t respond for any financial loss. We give you a whole infrastructure and you should use it carefully and wisely.
10. Links to third party websites
This website may contain links to websites that don’t belong to Maildocker. These links are offered for you as facilities and Maildocker is not responsible for the content of any of them. Maildocker doesn’t have control over the content of these links. In summary, a link to any other website doesn’t imply that Maildocker endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of this website.
Maildocker’s website may contain links to another websites offered for you as facilities. However, we can’t be held responsible for the content you access elsewhere.
11. Username, password, API Key and Secret
You are responsible to keep your account details (username, password, API Key and Secret) safe. Please note that Maildocker will accept instructions from any individual who registers with your username and password by email, phone or through a third party service.
Maildocker is not aware of your corporate structure. Our company is not liable for the misuse or misappropriation of any data accessed through your username, password, API Key and Secret.
What we have here is a safe port to be sure your transactional emails get to the inbox, but you, nobody except you’re responsible to keep your account details safety.
12.1 If any provision of this agreement proves to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum necessary length, but the agreement itself will remain unaffected.
12.2 Maildocker and you agree that this agreement is the unique and exclusive mutual understanding between the parties which overlaps and cancels any previous agreement.
12.3 There is no agency, partnership or employment relationship created as a result of this agreement.
Additional information: If you have any questions about the terms and conditions listed above please contact us.
This agreement is the only mutual understanding between us, the only way for us to work it out like pals. So, basically, neither you nor us can be held responsible for nonperformance of these terms. Things happen, even circumstances outside of reasonable control, such as shark attacks, tsunamis, tropical cyclones, extreme weather conditions, floods… With that being said, feel free to contact us if you have any questions about this. Bruce and Eddie are so helpful that they'll work for us too and send your email directly to our inbox and we'll get in touch as fast as we can.